The Department of Breast Surgery, Affiliated Hangzhou First People's Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, specializes in clinical diagnosis and treatment, scientific research, and teaching of breast diseases. In 2011, the Department of Breast Surgery and the Department of Ultrasound, Radiology, Pathology, Oncology, and Radiotherapy jointly formed the Breast Cancer Treatment Cooperative Group. In 2014, the Cooperative Group established the "Hangzhou Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment Center". In 2020, the center is approved by the National Cancer Center to become one of the national breast cancer diagnosis and treatment standard centers. There are currently 27 medical staff in the department, including 1 chief physician, 4 deputy chief physicians, 3 deputy chief nurses, and 4 physicians with the qualifications of beauty attending physicians, all breast specialists have master's or doctor degrees. There are breast specialist clinics, breast disease multidisciplinary diagnosis clinics, breast cancer multidisciplinary treatment clinics and breast disease follow-up clinics. The ward open 33 specialist beds with annual outpatient visits of 55,000, annual surgeries exceeding 2,000, and the annual breast cancer operations more than 400. We have advanced diagnostic equipment such as ductoscopy, digital molybdenum target and tomography, stereotactic positioning system, breast magnetic resonance, and full volume ultrasound. It is currently the largest breast specialist with the most complete equipment and the largest number of breast cancer surgery cases in Hangzhou area.
Our profession development direction: accurate diagnosis and standardized treatment of breast cancer.
1) Early diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer: Utilize breast diagnosis and treatment equipment such as breast ductscopy, molybdenum target positioning system, ABVS, etc., and set up a multidisciplinary outpatient clinic with ultrasound and radiology experts to improve the diagnosis of breast disease and reduce missed breast cancer diagnosis. Early cancer diagnosis rate is 40%;
2) Humanization of breast cancer surgical treatment: Individualized surgical treatment plans are developed according to the patient's condition and wishes, and various types of breast cancer plastic surgery such as breast-conserving plastic surgery, bi-planar prosthesis implantation breast reconstruction, and breast reconstruction with pre-pectoral prosthesis implantation. Reconstructive surgery makes it possible without lost of breast after breast cancer surgery, and promotes the breast plastic surgery minimally invasive.
3) Whole-process management of breast cancer: Insist on departmental discussions for all newly diagnosed early breast cancer patients, jointly formulate breast cancer adjuvant or neoadjuvant treatment plans, and participate in the implementation of breast cancer adjuvant treatment and case management by the medical team and specialist nurses. Insist on discussing MDT for terminal patients.
Our advantage projects:
(1) Diagnosis of nipple discharge with fiberoptic ductoscopy;
(2)Digital molybdenum target combined with stereotactic breast microcalcification biopsy;
(3) Minimally invasive treatment of benign breast tumors;
(4) Breast plastic surgery related to breast disease treatment;
(5) Personalized breast cancer surgery (breast reconstruction for breast cancer; breast-conserving surgery for breast cancer; sentinel lymph node biopsy; axillary lymphadenectomy with preservation of upper limb lymphatic drainage)
(6) Individual customization and implementation of breast cancer neoadjuvant or adjuvant chemotherapy, targeted therapy and endocrine therapy;
(7) Standardized breast cancer follow-up and whole process management;
(8) Relying on the Institute of Individualized Molecular Research of our hospital to carry out breast cancer-related gene detection.